DN Italy team has selected 4 different resources that, hopefully, will be useful for you in 2021 as a digital nomad, wanna-be nomad, slowmad or simply a remote-worker:
a) Top 15 must-read books
b) Top 10 podcasts to follow
c) Top 5 Youtube Channels (also to learn italian!)
a) Top 15 books recommended for 2021:
1. The 4-hour work week: The 4-Hour Workweek is the step-by-step blueprint to free yourself from the shackles of a corporate job, create a business to fund the lifestyle of your dreams, and live life like a millionaire, without actually having to be one
2. Choose yourself: Choose Yourself is a call to give up traditional career paths and take your life into your own hands by building good habits, creating your own career, and making a decision to choose yourself
3. The alchemist: The Alchemist follows the journey of an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago. Believing a recurring dream to be prophetic, he asks a Gypsy fortune teller in the nearby town about its meaning. The woman interprets the dream as a prophecy telling the boy that he will discover a treasure at the Egyptian pyramids
4. When to Jump: When To Jump is a 4-step guidebook to following your passion and chasing your dreams. Presented as a collection of case studies, it’s an inspiring and practical guide to changing your career and ultimately your life by deciding when to jump to something new.
5. The power of Habit: The Power Of Habit helps you understand why habits are at the core of everything you do, how you can change them, and what impact that will have on your life, your business and society.
6. The Moneyless Man: Encountering seasonal foods, solar panels, skill-swapping schemes, cuttlefish toothpaste, compost toilets and – the unthinkable – a cash-free Christmas, this book puts the fun into frugality and offers some great tips for economical (and environmentally friendly) living
7. Principles: Principles holds the set of rules for work and life billionaire investor and CEO of the most successful fund in history, Ray Dalio, has acquired through his 40-year career in finance.
8. Rich Dad, Poor Dad: Rich Dad Poor Dad is about Robert Kiyosaki and his two dads—his real father (poor dad) and the father of his best friend (rich dad)—and the ways in which both men shaped his thoughts about money and investing.
9. The solo Girl’s Guide to Becoming a Digital Nomad: Claire shares personal stories and experiences of how she came to the decision to become nomadic, what steps she took, and what she learned along the way that you can apply to your own situation and put a fire in your belly.
10. Working From Home: Making the New Normal Work for You; Working from Home explains in detail how to turn even the smallest of living spaces into the ideal remote work environment. It comprehensively explores how you can make yourself vital to any organization without ever setting foot in an office building
11. Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman–Including 10 More Years of Business Unusual: The personal stories of the founder of Patagonia, Inc. describes his underprivileged childhood as an immigrant in southern California, early fame as a successful mountain climber, and company’s dedication to quality and environmental responsibility
12. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail: is the 2012 memoir by the American writer, author, and podcaster Cheryl Strayed. The memoir describes Strayed’s 1,100-mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail in 1995 as a journey of self-discovery.
13. 5 AM Club, The: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life:Robin Sharma uses a fictitious story about a billionaire mentor teaching a struggling artist and an entrepreneur about the importance of waking up early to show how revolutionary it is for success.
14. High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way: Just six habits can make the difference between massive success and a dead-end job. High Performance Habits makes it clear that by building up positive habits you can make a huge change in your life. It is harder than you might think but making a daily effort to incorporate each of the six habits
15. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less: Essentialism shows a new way of thinking about productivity and life. It’s a disciplined, systematic approach for determining where our highest point of contribution lies, then making execution of those things almost effortless
b) Top 10 Podcast to follow:
1.brendon burchard: Every week, Brendon shares what he’s struggling with, working on and marching towards – and how we can all live an extraordinary life. This is an intimate and inspiring look into the life and strategies of one of the most watched, followed and quoted personal development trainers in history.
2.Tim Ferris Show: Each episode,Tim deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. This includes favorite books, morning routines, exercise habits, time-management tricks, and much more
3. Master of Scale: is an original podcast hosted by Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn and investor at Greylock. In each episode, Reid shows how companies grow from zero to a gazillion, testing his theories with legendary leaders
4.This Week Startup: the most interesting, outrageous & illuminating stories from the world of entrepreneurship
5.Indie Hackers: Courtland Allen interviews the ambitious indie hackers who are turning their ideas and side projects into profitable online businesses. Explore the latest strategies and tools founders are using to discover new trends, escape the 9-to-5 grind, and create their own personal revenue-generating machines.
6. Mister Money Mustache: Mr. Money Mustache shares his financial independence and early retirement secrets and Living Beautifully on $25-27K per year
7.Coffe Break Italian:learn italian language in new interesting and fund way
8.Girls Gotta Eat: Hosted by Rayna Greenberg and Ashley Hesseltine, Girls Gotta Eat is a top comedy podcast about dating, sex, and relationships.
9.Hidden Brain: Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships.
10.The Mindvilley Podcast: The Mindvalley podcast brings the best minds under one roof to discuss powerful ideas in personal growth for mind, body, spirit and work. Get results that stick
c) Top 5 Youtube Channels:
1. Project Life Mastery: Project Life Mastery is committed to helping you master every area of your life.Project Life Mastery is dedicated to helping you master every area of your life with the best self-development advice and starting an online business
2. Lost LeBlanc: Lost LeBlanc Store is your destination for travel guides, clothing, and consulting. Prepare for your next adventure here and then #GetLost!
3. Kylie Flavell: is an award-winning filmmaker, producer, TV host for NatGeo and Discovery, poet, journalist and cook, passionate about making cinematic content
4.Taxes for Digital Nomads: International tax strategies for digital nomads, remote workers, freelancers and entrepreneurs
5. Project Management Goddess: she teaches entrepreneurs how to leverage tech so that they can save time, automate more and scale their business with ease